Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dear Chloe dove,
I wish you were still here with me. today I got in the mail a letter from Bryan and Ruchama addressed to the both of us. It contained two poems, a torn drawing, a small picture of someone in the 70´s recording smth or pretending to, one A5 print of you on a bus on our Venice trip four years ago, one of Bryan, looking like he is crying - wearing white, on san marco surrounded by pigeons one of which is sitting on his head, one of Ruchama with a written tattoo on her arm and and one of me doing dishes in Vrolickstraat. also the invite to Ruchama´s show and an article in the Amsterdam Weekly of particular interest to you because it was on anatomy in art and anatomy in science.

a river dry
a boy who cries
for jars of oil
and ice cream pies

a widow´s cake
and tailor´s thread
a raven black
who brings me bread

I think Bryan rather than Ruchama wrote them, although I don't know. They are carefully written on each side of a page torn out of a sketch book. they will most definitely go on my wall in front of my desk.

Are you still in Italy, are the wheels back on the journey, is everything chaotic?
plz bring your family to me, I shall cook them meals and make them coffee.
when you send me your drawing would you plz send it to my new address.

I found a natural beach with no tourists and no facilities only dunes and the ocean and the odd jogger and sunbather
we, Rachel, Emma, Lindsay and I went there yesterday. It was lovely, just us and the ocean. I thought of you and it made me laugh actually, because I don't think you would have liked it very much for some reason.

love
gunnhildur

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

none of us wrote those little poems...

they were found in the remains of a mutilated/destroyed, coil-bound book.

Gunnhildur said...

what about the drawings?